Coming Home

This is the time of year with the longest shadows. And I feel as though I am waking from a dream. A long dream that had me deep, forgetting who I am and what I'm meant to be doing here. As the longest night has now passed, I am ready to stand up again.

Today is my birthday. We say how old we are turning on our birthday, but birthdays are really completions of a cycle. We are born, and we are 0. So by our 1st birthday, we have completed year one, and begin year two of this life. So today, I will have completed my 37th journey around the sun. 

In many ways, I wonder- how can I be this old and still getting lost? But really getting lost is our way of finding ourselves. By and by, we come home even more convinced and certain of our values, our core beliefs, our deep knowing, our boundaries, our worth, and how we want to live this life.

I know my purpose in this world. It's become really clear to me. And I am living it. Even making it my livelihood. I'm proud of that because I know that what I'm doing is so needed. I am an Earth Protector, and Educator. My dharma is to create spaces where people can FEEL their inherent worth, UNDERSTAND that they are connected, build RELATIONSHIP with the natural world, and INHABIT their own bodies from a place of heart. And I am good at creating these spaces.

I don't always inhabit them myself, and this is my practice daily. This is my coming home.


Anger becomes clarity

Sadness becomes strength

I am the sky which cannot be diminished



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Love Song